Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tea, biscuits, trashy T.V. and less than 90 days on the clock!

It's now less than 90 days until the big event!

Training is still going well, no running update yesterday as I was on a cross training day. I did an hour session of circuits and woke up this morning with achy abs - which made a nice change to the achy legs!

Went out this evening in the beautiful setting sun and did an easy 5 miles. Really noticed how cold it had got! I also had a cheeky race against another runner going up one of the many hills on my route. Probably a bit unfair as I didn't tell him we were racing...

Hoping to launch my 'guess my time' competition at the end of this week - if anyone can think of a more catchy name I'll appreciate it. The idea is simple - guess the time you think I'll complete the race in and the closet time wins a prize. The beauty is that I don't even know how it's going to go, so it'll be interesting to see everyone's predictions!

No more fundraising news today :-( but I'm extremely pleased with the target we have reached so far. It's so motivating to get me out day after day pounding the pavements for such a good cause.

Oh and if you want to read a proper runner's blog check out Pete Grist's (In my followers) - the man is a running machine!

Anyway I'm off for a cup of tea, a biscuit and to settle down and watch 'My big fat gypsy wedding' - you know it makes sense!

Keep running!

Biscuit Nikki x

Want to help out and sponsor me? It's easy! Just go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NicolaStanley

No comments:

Post a Comment