Saturday 15 January 2011

A bit of running, a lack of biscuits and a lot of amazing friends

Just back from a 6 mile tempo run (for non-runners that's a run including a warm up and warm down where you run at a challenging but manageable pace) - I'll probably get a load of runners disagreeing with me now. Anyhow that's my idea of a tempo run.

Went well, I'd like to report on all the interesting things I saw on the way round but to be honest it was a pretty dull 'pavement' run. Not a great deal going on round sleepy Sandhurst on a Saturday late afternoon. I'm not going to say how long it took me as I'm planning to launch a new competition in the next couple of weeks - keep your eyes peeled for details soon!

More exciting news on the fundraising front! The page has been 'live' for two days and I've already raised £80 (and 3 pence!). A huge huge thank you to Alex, Chewy, Ga and Ian for your donations so far. Your messages are all lovely and I'm touched that you were all willing to donate so much. I need some kind of 'hall of fame' for you all!

Long run tomorrow - going to try for 18 miles. Let's hope it's not raining!

Keep running!

Biscuit Nikki x

Want to help out and sponsor me? It's easy! Just go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NicolaStanley

No comments:

Post a Comment