Friday 14 January 2011

The Start

Well I have decided to start this blog to keep everyone updated on my marathon journey including the highs and lows of training and my attempts to raise lots of money for Brain Tumour UK.

If you don't know about Brain Tumour UK they're the UK leading caring charity who help raise awareness, support all those affect by brain tumours and conduct vital research into finding better treatments, care and hopefully an eventual cure.

Being diagnosed with a brain tumour can be extremely traumatic for the patient and all their friends and family. It can turn someone's life upside down in an instant and having support from a charity like Brain Tumour UK can make a reallly meaningful difference in helping to cope with everyday life. It's because of this that I want to help in everyway I can and raise a good amount of money to allow the charity to carry on.

So the challenge? 26.2 miles of London streets in whatever weather conditions the UK wants to throw at me on that day. I started training before Christmas and have already had several training runs through the snow! Dedication is not a problem when I think of the good cause I am helping.

So feel free to ask me anything - running related or otherwise and if you have any good fund raising tips or ideas then let me know!

Keep running!

Biscuit Nikki x
Want to help out and sponsor me? It's easy! Just go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NicolaStanley

No comments:

Post a Comment